Here's a first pass at what I plan to ask Commissioner Gist and/or others at RIDE in order to learn more in order to know what's necessary to consent to our children's participation in an informed way, or to opt out:
- How many schools and students will be involved? What are the criteria by which they will be chosen (and by whom/what will they be chosen)?
- How does RIDE plan to share information with potential participants?
- Will parents have the opportunity to say no to their kids' participation? How do you opt out?
- What are the consequences of yet another test being dumped on some our students and their teachers?
- How will students be able to make up for instructional time that they missed while participating in this field test?
I'll keep you posted!