Thursday, March 17, 2011

Leadership Rhode Island at Central Falls High School

This year, I'm happy to be participating in Leadership Rhode Island. Thus far, three months in, it's a powerful experience helping me and many others contribute as effectively as we can to sustaining and improving our state.

Due to a work obligation, I was not that happy to have to miss an opportunity to spend time at Central Falls High School on Monday morning with some of my LRI class and LRI alums, who visited the school to meet with Central Falls students to talk about careers and the future. Here's the ProJo coverage of the event. I have heard it was a mutually beneficial connection, and I think that lives were changed among the adults and young people who participated.

We need to continue to find ways to get adults and young people together, both for one-offs like this and for more sustained relationships.

No comments:

Post a Comment